Why the Name?

So why did I choose the name Black By Color Only? On October 16, 1995 (my 27th birthday), a historical event took place known as "The Million Man March", led by the so-called minister Louis Farrakhan. The black community, for the most part, was moved with pride at the event. I, however, was unimpressed at the event, being that I like being an individual who doesn't like to cater to the collective thought of a race of individuals. Anyway, some time afterwards, I read an editorial in the local paper praising the recent event, so I decided to respond and give my point of view of the MMM. A few days later, my article appeared in the editorial and, a few more days later, a couple of people responded. One of them lamented that I said I was black--apparently by color only. It was then that I was struck by inspiration. What if I had some kind of program or forum, or whatever, titled Black By Color Only? That would be--how should I say it--cool! It has taken a while, but the inspiration has now materialized into this blog. Hopefully, in the future, it could materialize into something bigger.

Just to let you know a little about me:

I am a firm believer in the Bible and the deity of Jesus Christ.

Although I don't consider myself Republican or Democrat, I tend to favor a conservative point of view.

I believe this country should be run according to our Constitution.

I favor the Fair Tax in which the current tax code (and the IRS) will be eliminated and replaced by a consumer based tax.

I don't vote in favor of my wallet but in favor of morals and principles.

Just because I'm black doesn't mean I hold to the point of view of mainstream black America.

I believe racism is as big a problem in the black community as it is in the white community, and maybe more so.

The above statements get me in trouble with my fellow black "bruthas" who believe I should think like them. They proceed to call me a white lover, an Uncle Tom, and a sellout. Hey, when you throw a brick into a pack of dogs, the one you hit is the one that yelps the loudest.

I hope that you will get something meaningful from this blog. If you want to get even more about what I believe in, tune in to blogtalkradio.com/blackbycoloronly to hear my online radio program. I hope you have a good time visiting and I hope to see you on the rebound.


About The Owner

My photo
Durham, North Carolina, United States

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Double Speak

The kind of double-speak within the liberal ranks amazes me. If you speak against homosexuals, you are guilty of hate speech. Speak out against abortion, hate speech. Right now the liberals are trying to pass a hate speech crime bill which will make it a crime to speak out against homosexuality on the erroneous notion that such opposition is "hate speech". Think it can't happen here? Already in Canada (just north of the United States, for those of us who have been taught in public schools) it is a crime to speak against homosexuality, a punishable offense that could land the offending party in jail for two years. How did we get to this? Okay, let's try this scenario: Let's consider the Christian-haters out there. They speak against Christians all the time, calling them crazy, kooks, etc. Will that be considered "hate speech"? In the liberals eyes, NO! They want to eradicate the influence of Christianity from the public sector. The Bill of Rights grants the freedom of speech to every US citizen whether that speech offends or not. Even if one doesn't agree with what is said, that gives no one the right to shut anyone down. Most people will agree with this...unless it concerns Christians. The libs. believe everyone has a right to free speech with the exception of anyone who disagrees with them (conservatives and Christians). They criticize Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Pat Robertson, and anyone else who disagrees with their mindset and they want them silenced (Fairness Doctrine, anyone?). In the eyes of the libs. anyone who disagrees with them has no right to Freedom of Speech simply because of disagreement. This is the reason why a child who brings a Bible to school is a candidate for suspension but a child who completes an assignment about starting a jihad is applauded. No, I don't agree with the homosexuals. I believe they are living in a sick world with a perverted lifestyle and, yes, I do base my belief on the Word of God (the Bible). However, I don't believe we should round them up and shoot them in the head, either. Anyway, if the homosexuals think they have it bad in this country, they should know what happens to them in countries like, say, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq...you get the picture. No one has considered the Christians in their hate-crime legislation because Christians (real Christians, mind you. Not the get-along-with-everyone, compromising, weak-backed, watered-down kind) are the most hated group of people on earth. In many countries Christians are hunted down like animals, murdered, and imprisoned for their beliefs. Apparently, the liberals in this country want that to happen in this country as well. Where are the cries of hate speech when people like Alan Colmes says we need to get religion (Christianity) out of politics? Where is the hate speech rhetoric when the ACLU keeps howling that "separation of church and state" mess everytime someone prays at a football game or when a child wants to recite a Bible verse at show-and-tell in a public school classroom? Face it, these people hate Christians and they want nothing more than to see its extinction. They hide behind the Constitution in their effort to twist it to agree with their beliefs. The Constitution contains several references to God, but many of us are so uneducated we don't know what it says, so we turn to the newspaper and CBS News to get our information without realizing that most of the news writers/reporters hate Christianity. Anyway, this hate-crime legislation that is coming down the pike is nothing more than the liberals efforts to silence Christianity/conservatism in this country. Moreover, pretty soon one may go to jail just for saying "I love Jesus", "homosexuality is sin", or "abortion is wrong". Hopefully, we'll never get to that point.

No comments: